Amazon has been granted a US patent that describes how a person’s ear could be used to authenticate them when answering a phone call or to unlock an audio file. “The device attempts to recognise the user based on ear shape or other parameters and can provide customised functionality of the device based at least upon that determination,” the abstract explains.
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology
- Mastercard CEO: Cash is our main competitor
- Seamless considers sale or closure of Seqr mobile payments service
- PayPal to turn Venmo P2P payments app into ‘ubiquitous digital wallet’
- NXP unveils world’s thinnest contactless chip module