Amazon has been granted a US patent that describes how a person’s ear could be used to authenticate them when answering a phone call or to unlock an audio file. “The device attempts to recognise the user based on ear shape or other parameters and can provide customised functionality of the device based at least upon that determination,” the abstract explains.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works