Amazon has been granted a US patent that describes how a person’s ear could be used to authenticate them when answering a phone call or to unlock an audio file. “The device attempts to recognise the user based on ear shape or other parameters and can provide customised functionality of the device based at least upon that determination,” the abstract explains.
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets