Amazon has been granted a US patent that describes how a person’s ear could be used to authenticate them when answering a phone call or to unlock an audio file. “The device attempts to recognise the user based on ear shape or other parameters and can provide customised functionality of the device based at least upon that determination,” the abstract explains.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models