Amazon has been granted a US patent that describes how a person’s ear could be used to authenticate them when answering a phone call or to unlock an audio file. “The device attempts to recognise the user based on ear shape or other parameters and can provide customised functionality of the device based at least upon that determination,” the abstract explains.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service