Amazon has been granted a US patent that describes how a person’s ear could be used to authenticate them when answering a phone call or to unlock an audio file. “The device attempts to recognise the user based on ear shape or other parameters and can provide customised functionality of the device based at least upon that determination,” the abstract explains.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API