Payment service provider Billing System is to offer On Track Innovations’ (OTI) suite of NFC readers and devices to Japanese retailers, vending machine operators and taxi companies. “Japan’s current cashless payment settlement infrastructure, Felica, is unique to the domestic market and not compatible with international NFC services,” the companies say. “These settlement services are based on international standards.”
- Google Home owners get voice commands for grocery shopping
- Kenyan banks roll out PesaLink real-time direct P2P mobile payments
- Fashion retailers test smart mirrors for mobile payments
- New iPhone to feature 3D laser facial recognition scanner?
- Russian mobile network MTS launches first phase of Money Wallet payments, transfer and loyalty service