Visitors to Chile’s National, Estadio Monumental David Arellano and La Portada stadiums during the Copa America football tournament this month will be the first in Latin America to place orders and pay for food with their mobile phones using MasterCard’s Qkr! app. The service was introduced in Australia in 2012 and made available in UK restaurant chain Wagamama earlier this year.
- Visa Token Service to spread across Europe in 2017
- Gulf Oil unveils Gulf Pay for mobile payments and special offers at fuel stations
- STMicroelectronics announces new NFC devices for contactless payments and IoT
- Bank of China brings Apple Pay to UnionPay credit cards
- Belgian bank to launch HCE mobile payments