China UnionPay has invested an undisclosed sum in Jetco, the largest ATM network operator in Hong Kong and Macau. The companies plan to co-develop mobile payment technologies, aiming to introduce a service supporting UnionPay’s NFC QuickPass this year. “The bank card association said it would also work with Jetco to develop apps for smartphones and improve existing online payment services,” Caixin reports. Jetco first began working on NFC services in Hong Kong in 2013.
- Barclays pitches watch makers on the benefits of wearable payments
- Telecoms boss gets NFC access control chip implanted in hand
- Contactless payments overtake chip and pin in the UK
- NFC World launches Go to Market service for innovative technology suppliers
- Google includes support for FeliCa NFC payments in Pixel 3 smartphones