China UnionPay has invested an undisclosed sum in Jetco, the largest ATM network operator in Hong Kong and Macau. The companies plan to co-develop mobile payment technologies, aiming to introduce a service supporting UnionPay’s NFC QuickPass this year. “The bank card association said it would also work with Jetco to develop apps for smartphones and improve existing online payment services,” Caixin reports. Jetco first began working on NFC services in Hong Kong in 2013.
- Visa Token Service to spread across Europe in 2017
- Gulf Oil unveils Gulf Pay for mobile payments and special offers at fuel stations
- STMicroelectronics announces new NFC devices for contactless payments and IoT
- Bank of China brings Apple Pay to UnionPay credit cards
- Belgian bank to launch HCE mobile payments