China UnionPay has invested an undisclosed sum in Jetco, the largest ATM network operator in Hong Kong and Macau. The companies plan to co-develop mobile payment technologies, aiming to introduce a service supporting UnionPay’s NFC QuickPass this year. “The bank card association said it would also work with Jetco to develop apps for smartphones and improve existing online payment services,” Caixin reports. Jetco first began working on NFC services in Hong Kong in 2013.
- JCB to add support for Google Pay in Japan
- South African retail giant Shoprite moves into mobile payments and banking
- Hyundai to add support for payments in cars
- Google Pay adds support for Japanese payment cards
- PayPal extends its partnership with Google Pay