China UnionPay has invested an undisclosed sum in Jetco, the largest ATM network operator in Hong Kong and Macau. The companies plan to co-develop mobile payment technologies, aiming to introduce a service supporting UnionPay’s NFC QuickPass this year. “The bank card association said it would also work with Jetco to develop apps for smartphones and improve existing online payment services,” Caixin reports. Jetco first began working on NFC services in Hong Kong in 2013.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash