China UnionPay has invested an undisclosed sum in Jetco, the largest ATM network operator in Hong Kong and Macau. The companies plan to co-develop mobile payment technologies, aiming to introduce a service supporting UnionPay’s NFC QuickPass this year. “The bank card association said it would also work with Jetco to develop apps for smartphones and improve existing online payment services,” Caixin reports. Jetco first began working on NFC services in Hong Kong in 2013.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone