China UnionPay has invested an undisclosed sum in Jetco, the largest ATM network operator in Hong Kong and Macau. The companies plan to co-develop mobile payment technologies, aiming to introduce a service supporting UnionPay’s NFC QuickPass this year. “The bank card association said it would also work with Jetco to develop apps for smartphones and improve existing online payment services,” Caixin reports. Jetco first began working on NFC services in Hong Kong in 2013.
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform