A proposal from Transport for London (TfL) explores whether contactless payments “with cards and other payment methods” should be accepted in all taxis across the city. “Millions of customers use this option every day across the capital and by offering a contactless service, the taxi trade could open itself to a vast new market,” TfL says. It recorded more than 100m contactless journeys across London transport in June.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies