A proposal from Transport for London (TfL) explores whether contactless payments “with cards and other payment methods” should be accepted in all taxis across the city. “Millions of customers use this option every day across the capital and by offering a contactless service, the taxi trade could open itself to a vast new market,” TfL says. It recorded more than 100m contactless journeys across London transport in June.
- Apple prepares to launch Apple Pay in India
- Face ID to add privacy layer to lockscreen notifications
- Esso lets UK drivers pay at the pump with their mobile phone
- Bank of America reports $4bn in P2P payments
- Russia to issue state-backed CryptoRuble digital currency