A proposal from Transport for London (TfL) explores whether contactless payments “with cards and other payment methods” should be accepted in all taxis across the city. “Millions of customers use this option every day across the capital and by offering a contactless service, the taxi trade could open itself to a vast new market,” TfL says. It recorded more than 100m contactless journeys across London transport in June.
- Atos offers to acquire Gemalto for €4.3bn
- Men’s Health gives positive review to Gymkit with NFC
- First US gym adds support for Apple Watch NFC pairing with exercise machines
- Australian banks ordered to cut contactless transaction fees
- GfK: Promoting the security of mobile payments could be the key to wider adoption