A proposal from Transport for London (TfL) explores whether contactless payments “with cards and other payment methods” should be accepted in all taxis across the city. “Millions of customers use this option every day across the capital and by offering a contactless service, the taxi trade could open itself to a vast new market,” TfL says. It recorded more than 100m contactless journeys across London transport in June.
- China’s Expresspay Card moves into wearable payments
- PayByPhone integrates with Alexa to let drivers pay by voice from their cars
- Queensland to roll out state-wide open loop ticketing for trains, buses and ferries
- China’s national transit card system to cover 260 cities this year
- Xiaomi unveils low cost fitness tracker that supports NFC and QR payments