Some 8% of global mobile users have made an in-store mobile wallet payment either using NFC or via an app in the last six months, research from trade body Mobile Ecosystem Forum (MEF) and Wirecard has revealed. “Another 7% paid using a merchant’s plug and pay or mpos device and 5% said they paid via a mobile loyalty card scheme,” the research finds. 36% cite lack of trust as the main reason for not using a mobile wallet, 18% don’t know what a mobile wallet is and 15% “don’t see the point.”
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?