Some 8% of global mobile users have made an in-store mobile wallet payment either using NFC or via an app in the last six months, research from trade body Mobile Ecosystem Forum (MEF) and Wirecard has revealed. “Another 7% paid using a merchant’s plug and pay or mpos device and 5% said they paid via a mobile loyalty card scheme,” the research finds. 36% cite lack of trust as the main reason for not using a mobile wallet, 18% don’t know what a mobile wallet is and 15% “don’t see the point.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?