Merchants in India accepting electronic payments could be offered a tax rebate, a government proposal suggests. Fees for cash handling could increase, meanwhile, as part of an effort to encourage electronic payments, defined as those done “through means of cards, mobile wallets, mobile apps, new banking, Electronic Clearing Service (ECS), National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT), Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) or other similar means”.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works