Merchants in India accepting electronic payments could be offered a tax rebate, a government proposal suggests. Fees for cash handling could increase, meanwhile, as part of an effort to encourage electronic payments, defined as those done “through means of cards, mobile wallets, mobile apps, new banking, Electronic Clearing Service (ECS), National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT), Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) or other similar means”.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa