Revenue from mobile money transfer services will hit US$2bn this year, doubling to $4bn by 2018, Juniper Research says, citing Africa as the market leader. “Several African mobile operators are now generating more than 10% of their revenues from mobile money,” it adds. “Safaricom’s M-Pesa service [in Kenya] recorded mobile money revenues of more than $330m in the latest financial year.”
- Google Home owners get voice commands for grocery shopping
- Kenyan banks roll out PesaLink real-time direct P2P mobile payments
- Fashion retailers test smart mirrors for mobile payments
- New iPhone to feature 3D laser facial recognition scanner?
- Russian mobile network MTS launches first phase of Money Wallet payments, transfer and loyalty service