Revenue from mobile money transfer services will hit US$2bn this year, doubling to $4bn by 2018, Juniper Research says, citing Africa as the market leader. “Several African mobile operators are now generating more than 10% of their revenues from mobile money,” it adds. “Safaricom’s M-Pesa service [in Kenya] recorded mobile money revenues of more than $330m in the latest financial year.”
- Dejamobile raises €2.5m to expand its technical and commercial teams
- Singapore banks begin rollout of NetsPay NFC and QR mobile wallet
- Apple Pay set to launch in Poland and the Netherlands?
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year