Digital payments enabler PayRange has secured US$12m in Series A funding to drive mobile payment acceptance in the vending machine industry with a plug-in dongle called BluKey. “PayRange uses a small device which plugs into the back of the machine and a customer-side mobile app to enable any vending machine to accept all forms of payment,” the company says. The US$49 device uses Bluetooth Low Energy, says PayRange, and the prepaid app can be funded with both Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security