Digital payments enabler PayRange has secured US$12m in Series A funding to drive mobile payment acceptance in the vending machine industry with a plug-in dongle called BluKey. “PayRange uses a small device which plugs into the back of the machine and a customer-side mobile app to enable any vending machine to accept all forms of payment,” the company says. The US$49 device uses Bluetooth Low Energy, says PayRange, and the prepaid app can be funded with both Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API