Ebay’s board of directors has approved the completion of the separation of eBay and PayPal into two independent publicly traded companies. The split is expected to take place on 17 July 2015 and “will occur through a pro rata distribution of all of the stock of eBay’s subsidiary PayPal to eBay stockholders,” the company says. “Immediately following the distribution, PayPal will be an independent, publicly traded company.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?