Ebay’s board of directors has approved the completion of the separation of eBay and PayPal into two independent publicly traded companies. The split is expected to take place on 17 July 2015 and “will occur through a pro rata distribution of all of the stock of eBay’s subsidiary PayPal to eBay stockholders,” the company says. “Immediately following the distribution, PayPal will be an independent, publicly traded company.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works