US parking payment systems provider Cale will offer contactless card readers that accept Apple Pay as well as other NFC mobile wallets in July. “Cale will offer the readers as a field upgrade option to its Cale WebTerminal (CWT) pay stations and as an option for new terminals manufactured after September 2015,” the company says. Cale has 15,000 terminals installed in more than 200 US cities.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card