US parking payment systems provider Cale will offer contactless card readers that accept Apple Pay as well as other NFC mobile wallets in July. “Cale will offer the readers as a field upgrade option to its Cale WebTerminal (CWT) pay stations and as an option for new terminals manufactured after September 2015,” the company says. Cale has 15,000 terminals installed in more than 200 US cities.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers