The global market for mobile wallets will reach US$2.7tn by 2020, “driven by the proliferation of smartphones, tablets, mobile internet, strong governmental support for cashless transactions and the convenience offered by mobile payments,” Global Industry Analysts says. “Asia Pacific represents the largest market, with a CAGR of 33% over the analysis period,” it adds. “The retail sector represents the largest end-use for mobile wallets.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works