The global market for mobile wallets will reach US$2.7tn by 2020, “driven by the proliferation of smartphones, tablets, mobile internet, strong governmental support for cashless transactions and the convenience offered by mobile payments,” Global Industry Analysts says. “Asia Pacific represents the largest market, with a CAGR of 33% over the analysis period,” it adds. “The retail sector represents the largest end-use for mobile wallets.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?