Sharp is to include biometric provider Synaptics’ Natural ID fingerprint sensor in its latest flagship smartphone. “Aquos Zeta SH-03G complies with Fido’s latest industry standard, UAF 1.0, delivered through Synaptics’ Natural ID sensor, which utilizes unique technology to enable fingerprint authentication that can be done locally for increased data security,” Synaptics says.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments