Apple’s latest patent details how an Apple Watch could exchange information with another when wearers greet each other with a handshake. “The wearable devices can detect their proximity to the other (using BLE or NFC-based proximity sensors),” Patently Apple reports. “Each device can communicate with the other (using Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-Fi or other wireless communication channels) to verify it experienced similar acceleration.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?