Apple’s latest patent details how an Apple Watch could exchange information with another when wearers greet each other with a handshake. “The wearable devices can detect their proximity to the other (using BLE or NFC-based proximity sensors),” Patently Apple reports. “Each device can communicate with the other (using Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-Fi or other wireless communication channels) to verify it experienced similar acceleration.”
- Google Home owners get voice commands for grocery shopping
- Kenyan banks roll out PesaLink real-time direct P2P mobile payments
- Fashion retailers test smart mirrors for mobile payments
- New iPhone to feature 3D laser facial recognition scanner?
- Russian mobile network MTS launches first phase of Money Wallet payments, transfer and loyalty service