Apple’s latest patent details how an Apple Watch could exchange information with another when wearers greet each other with a handshake. “The wearable devices can detect their proximity to the other (using BLE or NFC-based proximity sensors),” Patently Apple reports. “Each device can communicate with the other (using Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-Fi or other wireless communication channels) to verify it experienced similar acceleration.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform