Facebook has made its Messenger mobile payments service available across the US following its launch in New York City in May. The service was first unveiled in March as a way for users to send and receive money for free through the Messenger app. “Add your debit card and pay anyone on Messenger in a few taps,” the social network says.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills