Facebook has made its Messenger mobile payments service available across the US following its launch in New York City in May. The service was first unveiled in March as a way for users to send and receive money for free through the Messenger app. “Add your debit card and pay anyone on Messenger in a few taps,” the social network says.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service