Facebook has made its Messenger mobile payments service available across the US following its launch in New York City in May. The service was first unveiled in March as a way for users to send and receive money for free through the Messenger app. “Add your debit card and pay anyone on Messenger in a few taps,” the social network says.
- Walmart expands Scan & Go mobile self-checkout pilot to 100 more stores
- Dunkin’ Donuts offers faster pickups to customers who order via mobile
- Visa CEO plots central role in IoT payments
- Walt Disney World to pilot cashless resort concept
- WeChat opens unmanned store in Shanghai