Facebook has made its Messenger mobile payments service available across the US following its launch in New York City in May. The service was first unveiled in March as a way for users to send and receive money for free through the Messenger app. “Add your debit card and pay anyone on Messenger in a few taps,” the social network says.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments