Guests using Cathay Pacific’s business and first class lounge at San Francisco International Airport will be able to receive information about food and beverage menus and other available amenities with their smartphone via beacons installed across the lounge. The airline is working in partnership with platform provider LoungeBuddy for the trial that will be in place for 60 days.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone