PayPal has bought digital money transfer provider Xoom for about US$890m. “Xoom is a leader in international remittances, enabling customers in the US to send money to, and pay bills for, family and friends around the world in a secure, fast and cost-effective way using their mobile phones, tablets or computers,” PayPal says.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain