PayPal has bought digital money transfer provider Xoom for about US$890m. “Xoom is a leader in international remittances, enabling customers in the US to send money to, and pay bills for, family and friends around the world in a secure, fast and cost-effective way using their mobile phones, tablets or computers,” PayPal says.
- BBVA makes eight APIs available to kickstart open banking program
- Hangzhou buses first to all use mobile pay
- New York forces smart lock maker to improve its security
- Euro Banking Association paper analyses cryptotechnologies in international payments
- Mobile wallet Curve launches ‘time travel’ tool to let you ‘shop in the past’