PayPal has bought digital money transfer provider Xoom for about US$890m. “Xoom is a leader in international remittances, enabling customers in the US to send money to, and pay bills for, family and friends around the world in a secure, fast and cost-effective way using their mobile phones, tablets or computers,” PayPal says.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash