PayPal has bought digital money transfer provider Xoom for about US$890m. “Xoom is a leader in international remittances, enabling customers in the US to send money to, and pay bills for, family and friends around the world in a secure, fast and cost-effective way using their mobile phones, tablets or computers,” PayPal says.
- Apple Pay to launch in Taiwan on March 29?
- Wells Fargo to add NFC mobile withdrawals to ATMs later this year
- Android Pay to launch in Korea in May?
- Nordea Bank: PSD2 will require banks to adopt a ‘totally new way of viewing their customer base’
- UK consumers want more biometric security options for online banking