PayPal has bought digital money transfer provider Xoom for about US$890m. “Xoom is a leader in international remittances, enabling customers in the US to send money to, and pay bills for, family and friends around the world in a secure, fast and cost-effective way using their mobile phones, tablets or computers,” PayPal says.
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service
- Blockchain mobile payments pilot to go live in Mongolia
- US credit unions to offer blockchain digital ID service