More than 7,600 taxi drivers in 90 cities across the UK and Ireland can accept NFC mobile payments from passengers using the taxi-hailing app Cab:app through an mPOS gateway provided by Payworks. “Drivers are now able to accept physical Visa, MasterCard and American Express card payments directly from the Cab:app application using NFC-enabled chip & PIN card readers,” the company says, adding that frequent passengers can pay directly from the app.
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?