More than 7,600 taxi drivers in 90 cities across the UK and Ireland can accept NFC mobile payments from passengers using the taxi-hailing app Cab:app through an mPOS gateway provided by Payworks. “Drivers are now able to accept physical Visa, MasterCard and American Express card payments directly from the Cab:app application using NFC-enabled chip & PIN card readers,” the company says, adding that frequent passengers can pay directly from the app.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API