Apple has reportedly held meetings with Korean financial institutions, including Hana Financial Group, as it looks to launch Apple Pay in the country. “We recently had a private meeting with Apple, and there are some problems that need to be solved,” a card company executive told ET News, adding that issues around tokenization and “commission problems” need to be addressed.
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain
- Harris Poll: PayPal leads mobile payment brands, yet up-and-comers making brand equity gains
- MTN Benin and Youtap launch MoMoPay contactless payments for MTN Benin Mobile Money customers
- Meet NFC World partners at Money20/20 Europe
- Mastercard and Western Union explore digital model for refugee camps