Apple has reportedly held meetings with Korean financial institutions, including Hana Financial Group, as it looks to launch Apple Pay in the country. “We recently had a private meeting with Apple, and there are some problems that need to be solved,” a card company executive told ET News, adding that issues around tokenization and “commission problems” need to be addressed.
- India moves towards interoperable mobile wallets
- Apple issues apology to Chinese mobile wallet phishing victims
- Barclays pitches watch makers on the benefits of wearable payments
- Telecoms boss gets NFC access control chip implanted in hand
- Contactless payments overtake chip and pin in the UK