Apple has filed a US patent application for a payments service that would enable peer-to-peer money transfers via NFC and Bluetooth. Person to Person Payments Using Electronic Devices describes how two individuals can use electronic devices “such as cellular telephones” to directly conduct financial transactions with each other by communicating encrypted financial credentials.
- Apple enters financial services market with privacy-first credit card
- Apple Pay expands to transit systems in the US
- Mastercard sets out vision for consumer-centric digital identities
- ING Romania to let customers withdraw cash with just their mobile phones
- SBI adds cardless mobile cash withdrawals at 16,500 ATMs across India