Apple has filed a US patent application for a payments service that would enable peer-to-peer money transfers via NFC and Bluetooth. Person to Person Payments Using Electronic Devices describes how two individuals can use electronic devices “such as cellular telephones” to directly conduct financial transactions with each other by communicating encrypted financial credentials.
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money
- New Little Caesars Reserve-n-Ready service transforms the way customers pick up pizza
- Mobile payment usage ‘remains low’, US debit card study finds
- Report: 2017 Mobile Payment Usage in China
- M-Pesa founder shares lessons learned from ten years of mobile money