Apple has filed a US patent application for a payments service that would enable peer-to-peer money transfers via NFC and Bluetooth. Person to Person Payments Using Electronic Devices describes how two individuals can use electronic devices “such as cellular telephones” to directly conduct financial transactions with each other by communicating encrypted financial credentials.
- BBVA makes eight APIs available to kickstart open banking program
- Hangzhou buses first to all use mobile pay
- New York forces smart lock maker to improve its security
- Euro Banking Association paper analyses cryptotechnologies in international payments
- Mobile wallet Curve launches ‘time travel’ tool to let you ‘shop in the past’