Apple has filed a US patent application for a payments service that would enable peer-to-peer money transfers via NFC and Bluetooth. Person to Person Payments Using Electronic Devices describes how two individuals can use electronic devices “such as cellular telephones” to directly conduct financial transactions with each other by communicating encrypted financial credentials.
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case