More than a third (38%) of Americans believe biometrics will increase their smartphone security, while 25% are skeptical and 37% don’t know, research from Unisys Security Insights finds. “Apprehension seems to be consistent across all demographic subgroups,” it says. “Awareness about benefits of biometrics as a security measure seems to be low among consumers, and organisations need to educate them to improve adoption.”
- Apple Pay to launch in Taiwan on March 29?
- Wells Fargo to add NFC mobile withdrawals to ATMs later this year
- Android Pay to launch in Korea in May?
- Nordea Bank: PSD2 will require banks to adopt a ‘totally new way of viewing their customer base’
- UK consumers want more biometric security options for online banking