Pictures of a circuit board believed to be part of the next iPhone show the device includes a different NFC chip from NXP. Images published by 9to5Mac reveal the company’s 65V10 part, used in the iPhone 6, has been replaced by a new IC labelled 66VP2. NFC World has reached out to NXP for clarification of the capabilities of the chip, likely to be a version of the PN66T NFC controller launched in November 2014.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- India’s Mobikwik aims to triple user base in 2017
- Consumers show more trust in mobile wallet security
- Crédit Mutuel Arkéa launches HCE mobile payments developed with Antelop
- US banks launch money-transfer app