Pictures of a circuit board believed to be part of the next iPhone show the device includes a different NFC chip from NXP. Images published by 9to5Mac reveal the company’s 65V10 part, used in the iPhone 6, has been replaced by a new IC labelled 66VP2. NFC World has reached out to NXP for clarification of the capabilities of the chip, likely to be a version of the PN66T NFC controller launched in November 2014.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India