French NFC device maker Famoco has secured €4m in a financing round led by Hi Inov. “Famoco will allocate a significant portion of its funding to R&D but also to international expansion, particularly in emerging countries and in the US market in the medium term,” the company says, after selling 10,000 terminals in 2014, with 60% of sales outside of France. Famoco unveiled its B2B Android NFC device in 2013.
- Marshall Islands to issue official digital currency
- Retailers raise concerns over card networks’ plans for a single buy button
- AmEx to personalize rewards to specific members and products
- JCB to add support for Google Pay in Japan
- South African retail giant Shoprite moves into mobile payments and banking