French NFC device maker Famoco has secured €4m in a financing round led by Hi Inov. “Famoco will allocate a significant portion of its funding to R&D but also to international expansion, particularly in emerging countries and in the US market in the medium term,” the company says, after selling 10,000 terminals in 2014, with 60% of sales outside of France. Famoco unveiled its B2B Android NFC device in 2013.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain