French NFC device maker Famoco has secured €4m in a financing round led by Hi Inov. “Famoco will allocate a significant portion of its funding to R&D but also to international expansion, particularly in emerging countries and in the US market in the medium term,” the company says, after selling 10,000 terminals in 2014, with 60% of sales outside of France. Famoco unveiled its B2B Android NFC device in 2013.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models