Nearly one in four UK consumers (23%) think the country will become a cashless society within 10 years, research from Equifax and Gorkana Surveys reveals. “Apple Pay highlights that consumers are now widely receptive to payment approaches which use biometric technology and contactless methods and are comfortable accepting them as secure payment mechanisms,” says Equifax’s John Marsden.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain