Nearly one in four UK consumers (23%) think the country will become a cashless society within 10 years, research from Equifax and Gorkana Surveys reveals. “Apple Pay highlights that consumers are now widely receptive to payment approaches which use biometric technology and contactless methods and are comfortable accepting them as secure payment mechanisms,” says Equifax’s John Marsden.
- NFC mobile payments ‘shake off the novelty tag’ in the UK
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money
- New Little Caesars Reserve-n-Ready service transforms the way customers pick up pizza
- Mobile payment usage ‘remains low’, US debit card study finds
- Report: 2017 Mobile Payment Usage in China