Nearly one in four UK consumers (23%) think the country will become a cashless society within 10 years, research from Equifax and Gorkana Surveys reveals. “Apple Pay highlights that consumers are now widely receptive to payment approaches which use biometric technology and contactless methods and are comfortable accepting them as secure payment mechanisms,” says Equifax’s John Marsden.
- Shell pilots RFID system that scans all the items in a shopping basket in one go
- Metro Bank lets customers open an account with a selfie
- Dutch banks ING and Rabobank begin QR code payments pilot
- ABN Amro pulls out of Dutch banks’ mobile payment venture
- Commonwealth Bank introduces chatbot that can answer 200 banking and payments questions