Nearly one in four UK consumers (23%) think the country will become a cashless society within 10 years, research from Equifax and Gorkana Surveys reveals. “Apple Pay highlights that consumers are now widely receptive to payment approaches which use biometric technology and contactless methods and are comfortable accepting them as secure payment mechanisms,” says Equifax’s John Marsden.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones