Korean credit card firm Samsung Card is recruiting beta testers for Samsung Pay to pilot the mobile payments service in “various major offline member stores” from July 15 to August 20, Korea Bizwire reports. Eight Korean card companies have been “thoroughly testing” Samsung Pay, according to Android Authority, to ensure it is ready for public launch in Korea and the US in September 2015.
- Walmart expands Scan & Go mobile self-checkout pilot to 100 more stores
- Dunkin’ Donuts offers faster pickups to customers who order via mobile
- Visa CEO plots central role in IoT payments
- Walt Disney World to pilot cashless resort concept
- WeChat opens unmanned store in Shanghai