Korean credit card firm Samsung Card is recruiting beta testers for Samsung Pay to pilot the mobile payments service in “various major offline member stores” from July 15 to August 20, Korea Bizwire reports. Eight Korean card companies have been “thoroughly testing” Samsung Pay, according to Android Authority, to ensure it is ready for public launch in Korea and the US in September 2015.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India