Mercedes-Benz’s upcoming W213 E-Class car will come equipped with NFC to allow keyless entry and starting. “Simply tap a phone with NFC on the driver’s door handle to lock and unlock the car,” Paul Tan’s Automotive News reports from a preview event in Stuttgart. “Once inside, placing the phone on the wireless charging plate enables the ignition. A secure SIM card is required for these functions.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works