Mercedes-Benz’s upcoming W213 E-Class car will come equipped with NFC to allow keyless entry and starting. “Simply tap a phone with NFC on the driver’s door handle to lock and unlock the car,” Paul Tan’s Automotive News reports from a preview event in Stuttgart. “Once inside, placing the phone on the wireless charging plate enables the ignition. A secure SIM card is required for these functions.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?