Singapore’s Ministry of Transport and Land Transport Authority (LTA) will trial contactless payments using devices including wristbands later this year. “The LTA is also studying the feasibility of a Be-In-Be-Out system, where a commuter does not need to tap their smart cards in and out to register the trip; instead, the technology will be able to detect and register commuters so long as they have their fare card on them,” Today Online reports.
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?