Singapore’s Ministry of Transport and Land Transport Authority (LTA) will trial contactless payments using devices including wristbands later this year. “The LTA is also studying the feasibility of a Be-In-Be-Out system, where a commuter does not need to tap their smart cards in and out to register the trip; instead, the technology will be able to detect and register commuters so long as they have their fare card on them,” Today Online reports.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts