Singapore’s Ministry of Transport and Land Transport Authority (LTA) will trial contactless payments using devices including wristbands later this year. “The LTA is also studying the feasibility of a Be-In-Be-Out system, where a commuter does not need to tap their smart cards in and out to register the trip; instead, the technology will be able to detect and register commuters so long as they have their fare card on them,” Today Online reports.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies