Singapore’s Ministry of Transport and Land Transport Authority (LTA) will trial contactless payments using devices including wristbands later this year. “The LTA is also studying the feasibility of a Be-In-Be-Out system, where a commuter does not need to tap their smart cards in and out to register the trip; instead, the technology will be able to detect and register commuters so long as they have their fare card on them,” Today Online reports.
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing
- Brewery puts NFC tags in beer coasters in San Diego pub
- Bahrain to launch national e-wallet on July 4
- Square gets green light to take on banks with ‘PIN on glass’ mobile technology
- Jack Ma’s Ant Financial nearly doubles profits amid deal push