Singapore’s Ministry of Transport and Land Transport Authority (LTA) will trial contactless payments using devices including wristbands later this year. “The LTA is also studying the feasibility of a Be-In-Be-Out system, where a commuter does not need to tap their smart cards in and out to register the trip; instead, the technology will be able to detect and register commuters so long as they have their fare card on them,” Today Online reports.
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform