Apple faces challenges in introducing Apple Pay in Korea after failing to “coordinate different opinions” over transaction fees with local credit card companies, including Shinhan Card, Hyundai Card and KB Card. “There is a big difference in technical issues as well, including fingerprint recognition,” Business Korea reports. The news follows reports that Samsung Pay entered beta testing in Korea this week.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security