Apple faces challenges in introducing Apple Pay in Korea after failing to “coordinate different opinions” over transaction fees with local credit card companies, including Shinhan Card, Hyundai Card and KB Card. “There is a big difference in technical issues as well, including fingerprint recognition,” Business Korea reports. The news follows reports that Samsung Pay entered beta testing in Korea this week.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone