Chinese telecommunications giant ZTE is to include Oberthur Technologies’ (OT) Pearl embedded secure element (eSE) in its new Nubia Z9 and Z9 Max smartphones. “OT’s advanced eSE opens the door for Nubia to deploy convenient payment and transport services in its new flagship smartphones,” OT says.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies