Chinese telecommunications giant ZTE is to include Oberthur Technologies’ (OT) Pearl embedded secure element (eSE) in its new Nubia Z9 and Z9 Max smartphones. “OT’s advanced eSE opens the door for Nubia to deploy convenient payment and transport services in its new flagship smartphones,” OT says.
- Apple Pay violates patents held by security technology inventor, lawsuit alleges
- Report: 70% of financial cards have chip
- NFC secure elements shipments to grow 12% in 2017
- Researchers create a T-shirt that monitors the wearer’s breathing rate in real time
- Tipping point for Apple Pay as majority of UK tills accept limitless payments