Barclays is reportedly anticipating “imminent” support for Apple Pay when the service launches in the UK, expected to be this week. “It remains unclear if Barclays will be a first wave launch partner because of its delayed negotiations,” MacRumors reports. Barclays was a notable absence from the list of supporting banks when Apple announced it would expand the mobile payment service.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones