Barclays is reportedly anticipating “imminent” support for Apple Pay when the service launches in the UK, expected to be this week. “It remains unclear if Barclays will be a first wave launch partner because of its delayed negotiations,” MacRumors reports. Barclays was a notable absence from the list of supporting banks when Apple announced it would expand the mobile payment service.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies