UK bakery chain Greggs has updated its app to include NFC for payments and rewards redemption using technology from POS provider Spire Payments and Eagle Eye. “Android users tap their phone against the card terminal, which will connect to Eagle Eye’s AIR platform,” Eagle Eye says. “Customers can pay, get a coffee stamp and receive instant offers and rewards.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works