UK bakery chain Greggs has updated its app to include NFC for payments and rewards redemption using technology from POS provider Spire Payments and Eagle Eye. “Android users tap their phone against the card terminal, which will connect to Eagle Eye’s AIR platform,” Eagle Eye says. “Customers can pay, get a coffee stamp and receive instant offers and rewards.”
- Apple Pay to launch in Taiwan on March 29?
- Wells Fargo to add NFC mobile withdrawals to ATMs later this year
- Android Pay to launch in Korea in May?
- Nordea Bank: PSD2 will require banks to adopt a ‘totally new way of viewing their customer base’
- UK consumers want more biometric security options for online banking