More than one third of UK consumers aged between 18 and 34 (34%) are interested in mobile payments alongside one fifth of 55- to 75-year-olds (20%), research from Deloitte has revealed. “We are reaching an inflection point for NFC-enabled mobile payments in the UK,” says the company’s Ed Marsden. “We expect usage of contactless mobile payments could surge.”
- Apple Pay to launch in Taiwan on March 29?
- Wells Fargo to add NFC mobile withdrawals to ATMs later this year
- Android Pay to launch in Korea in May?
- Nordea Bank: PSD2 will require banks to adopt a ‘totally new way of viewing their customer base’
- UK consumers want more biometric security options for online banking