PayPal-owned payment processor Braintree has announced its support for the UK launch of Apple Pay via its v.zero SDK that will allow merchants to add the mobile payments service as an online checkout option alongside PayPal, credit and debit cards. “We are enabling UK and global merchants to be some of the first to accept Apple Pay in the UK,” the company says.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone