PayPal-owned payment processor Braintree has announced its support for the UK launch of Apple Pay via its v.zero SDK that will allow merchants to add the mobile payments service as an online checkout option alongside PayPal, credit and debit cards. “We are enabling UK and global merchants to be some of the first to accept Apple Pay in the UK,” the company says.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments