More than half of US shoppers (54%) would use a mobile wallet if it were accepted everywhere and 20% would stop carrying traditional wallets if mobile payments were accepted everywhere, research from Blackhawk Engagement Solutions reveals. In a survey of 2,500 consumers, 85% use PayPal, 24% use Amazon, 23% use Google Wallet and 19% use Apple Pay.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card