More than half of US shoppers (54%) would use a mobile wallet if it were accepted everywhere and 20% would stop carrying traditional wallets if mobile payments were accepted everywhere, research from Blackhawk Engagement Solutions reveals. In a survey of 2,500 consumers, 85% use PayPal, 24% use Amazon, 23% use Google Wallet and 19% use Apple Pay.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models