HSBC will add support for Apple Pay within the next two weeks, the bank has revealed. “HSBC’s surprising absence from Apple Pay’s UK launch will not last much longer, with final testing underway and availability said to come within two weeks,” AppleInsider reports. The bank was expected to be one of Apple Pay’s launch partners when the expansion was announced in June.
- Calling all payment, card and secure credential technology suppliers
- US survey finds growing support for biometrics as a replacement for passwords and PINs
- Samsung and LG to launch low-end smartphones that support their mobile payment services
- Gemalto agrees to be acquired by Thales
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018