Oil company Chevron is testing NFC mobile payments, including Apple Pay, for direct fuel pump sales at a service station in San Ramon, California. The pilot is expected to expand to Cupertino “soon”, Chevron adds.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies