More than one in 10 (11%) of UK consumers have made an in-store mobile payment and 18% are interested in doing so, research from nVest Ventures reveals. Millennials — those born after 1981 — are most interested in mobile payments (41%), while one in five consumers find paying with cash inconvenient, rising to 26% among 16- to 24-year-olds.
- Android Pay enters 11th global market with launch in Russia
- Samsung Pay goes live in Taiwan with seven banks
- Apple Pay violates patents held by security technology inventor, lawsuit alleges
- Report: 70% of financial cards have chip
- NFC secure elements shipments to grow 12% in 2017