More than one in 10 (11%) of UK consumers have made an in-store mobile payment and 18% are interested in doing so, research from nVest Ventures reveals. Millennials — those born after 1981 — are most interested in mobile payments (41%), while one in five consumers find paying with cash inconvenient, rising to 26% among 16- to 24-year-olds.
- Beijing metro looks to biometrics to speed up payments at turnstiles
- Bankwest wins new customers with NFC payments ring
- Paytm integrates games, TV, sports and news into its mobile wallet app
- Spanish banks to build blockchain customer identity verification platform
- Garmin adds NFC payments to Fenix smartwatches