More than one in 10 (11%) of UK consumers have made an in-store mobile payment and 18% are interested in doing so, research from nVest Ventures reveals. Millennials — those born after 1981 — are most interested in mobile payments (41%), while one in five consumers find paying with cash inconvenient, rising to 26% among 16- to 24-year-olds.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service