More than one in 10 (11%) of UK consumers have made an in-store mobile payment and 18% are interested in doing so, research from nVest Ventures reveals. Millennials — those born after 1981 — are most interested in mobile payments (41%), while one in five consumers find paying with cash inconvenient, rising to 26% among 16- to 24-year-olds.
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers
- Barclaycard adds contactless payments to watches and fashion jewellery
- Samsung Pay goes live in Malaysia
- Metro Bank adds Android Pay in UK