More than one in 10 (11%) of UK consumers have made an in-store mobile payment and 18% are interested in doing so, research from nVest Ventures reveals. Millennials — those born after 1981 — are most interested in mobile payments (41%), while one in five consumers find paying with cash inconvenient, rising to 26% among 16- to 24-year-olds.
- Calling all payment, card and secure credential technology suppliers
- US survey finds growing support for biometrics as a replacement for passwords and PINs
- Samsung and LG to launch low-end smartphones that support their mobile payment services
- Gemalto agrees to be acquired by Thales
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018