Samsung has confirmed it began testing Samsung Pay with Korean credit card firm Samsung Card on July 15 for select customers in Korea. “Users of the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are the first to have access to Samsung Pay,” Samsung says. Rumours surfaced about the plans to trial the mobile payment solution earlier this month.
- Apple Pay violates patents held by security technology inventor, lawsuit alleges
- Report: 70% of financial cards have chip
- NFC secure elements shipments to grow 12% in 2017
- Researchers create a T-shirt that monitors the wearer’s breathing rate in real time
- Tipping point for Apple Pay as majority of UK tills accept limitless payments