Lenovo is to equip its new smartphones in China with Oberthur Technologies’ (OT) Pearl embedded secure element (eSE) to offer mobile payment and transport services. “Equipping three different smartphones models with OT’s eSE, Lenovo will provide Chinese users with convenient and secure NFC services, enhancing their transit and payment experience,” OT says.
- Apple Pay violates patents held by security technology inventor, lawsuit alleges
- Report: 70% of financial cards have chip
- NFC secure elements shipments to grow 12% in 2017
- Researchers create a T-shirt that monitors the wearer’s breathing rate in real time
- Tipping point for Apple Pay as majority of UK tills accept limitless payments