One in ten UK consumers using Apple Pay experienced issues when using the contactless payment service during its first week, research from social media company Brandwatch reveals. The findings, based on analysis of more than 26,000 tweets, also reveal the most popular use for the mobile payments service so far is paying on Transport for London’s (TfL) transportation network, followed by making purchases at Pret a Manger, Tesco, Waitrose and Boots.
- Bristol gets contactless donation points to help the homeless
- Visa upgrades Verified by Visa technology to enhance security and simplify online payments
- OCBC Bank launches cashless QR code payments with its first standalone mobile payments app
- Google introduces buy button in search results
- The modern plan for digital identity in Australia and beyond