Some 46% of US diners like the idea of using their mobile phone to pay in restaurants even though they have never done so, while of the 13% that have tried it over half liked the experience, research from restaurant booking service OpenTable finds. “Our research suggest that the majority of consumers will ultimately be interested in paying for restaurant meals on their phone, just as they swipe to pay in other areas of their lives today,” the company says.
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers
- Barclaycard adds contactless payments to watches and fashion jewellery
- Samsung Pay goes live in Malaysia
- Metro Bank adds Android Pay in UK