Customers of convenience store chain 7-Eleven in Taiwan can now make mobile payments using a mobile wallet provided by Pi Mobile Technology backed by a bank card supplied by CTBC Bank. “Consumers can make electronic payments of less than NT$1,000 (US$31.95) at 7-Eleven stores nationwide with the Pi app running on their smartphones as the app creates a barcode on a user’s smartphone display,” Taipei Times reports.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works