Customers of convenience store chain 7-Eleven in Taiwan can now make mobile payments using a mobile wallet provided by Pi Mobile Technology backed by a bank card supplied by CTBC Bank. “Consumers can make electronic payments of less than NT$1,000 (US$31.95) at 7-Eleven stores nationwide with the Pi app running on their smartphones as the app creates a barcode on a user’s smartphone display,” Taipei Times reports.
- NFC World launches Go to Market service for innovative technology suppliers
- Google includes support for FeliCa NFC payments in Pixel 3 smartphones
- Standard Chartered unveils IoT payments platform that automatically triggers a payment when a connected product arrives at a destination
- Commonwealth Bank to test ‘smart money’ that knows what it can be spent on
- Alipay: Hackers have used stolen Apple IDs to lift funds from mobile wallets