Apple Pay is “on track” to be accepted at more than 1.5m locations across the US by the end of 2015, including at some 700 universities and colleges such as Auburn University, the University of California Irvine, Colorado State University, the University of Kentucky and the University of Oklahoma. “In the US, we’ve seen fantastic support from merchants of all sizes,” Apple CEO Tim Cook said during the company’s third quarter earnings call.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain