Apple Pay is “on track” to be accepted at more than 1.5m locations across the US by the end of 2015, including at some 700 universities and colleges such as Auburn University, the University of California Irvine, Colorado State University, the University of Kentucky and the University of Oklahoma. “In the US, we’ve seen fantastic support from merchants of all sizes,” Apple CEO Tim Cook said during the company’s third quarter earnings call.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies