A quarter of British consumers (25%) expect to make an NFC mobile payment in the next year, research from MasterCard reveals. Seven in 10 of the 1,044 respondents worry that if they lost their phone someone could use it to buy things, while more than half fear their phone could be hacked. Four in 10 plan to wait for others to confirm NFC mobile payments are safe before trying it themselves.
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service
- Blockchain mobile payments pilot to go live in Mongolia
- US credit unions to offer blockchain digital ID service