A quarter of British consumers (25%) expect to make an NFC mobile payment in the next year, research from MasterCard reveals. Seven in 10 of the 1,044 respondents worry that if they lost their phone someone could use it to buy things, while more than half fear their phone could be hacked. Four in 10 plan to wait for others to confirm NFC mobile payments are safe before trying it themselves.
- Japanese bank to combine fingerprint and vein verification for cardless transactions at ATMs and teller windows
- Apple publishes video guide to using Apple Pay Cash
- Visa publishes future of security roadmap
- Six in ten card present transactions are now made with an EMV chip card
- Nintendo and Kellogg’s add NFC tags to cereal boxes