A quarter of British consumers (25%) expect to make an NFC mobile payment in the next year, research from MasterCard reveals. Seven in 10 of the 1,044 respondents worry that if they lost their phone someone could use it to buy things, while more than half fear their phone could be hacked. Four in 10 plan to wait for others to confirm NFC mobile payments are safe before trying it themselves.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability