A quarter of British consumers (25%) expect to make an NFC mobile payment in the next year, research from MasterCard reveals. Seven in 10 of the 1,044 respondents worry that if they lost their phone someone could use it to buy things, while more than half fear their phone could be hacked. Four in 10 plan to wait for others to confirm NFC mobile payments are safe before trying it themselves.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers