Almost one in five US consumers (18%) have used a mobile device to make either an in-store or online purchase, up from 16% in 2014 and 12% in 2013, research from Synchrony Financial reveals, based on nearly 7,000 Synchrony Bank cardholders and shoppers nationwide. “Value propositions, including free shipping, loyalty programs and personalised offers, continue to be important,” the company adds.
- Australian merchants to accept payments on their mobile phones — with no additional hardware required
- Samsung integrates Hong Kong’s Octopus card into Samsung Pay
- China UnionPay launches mobile wallet app
- Alipay pushes into Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the Philippines with Christmas shopping festival
- Samsung Pay sets its sights on becoming a full service banking wallet