Almost one in five US consumers (18%) have used a mobile device to make either an in-store or online purchase, up from 16% in 2014 and 12% in 2013, research from Synchrony Financial reveals, based on nearly 7,000 Synchrony Bank cardholders and shoppers nationwide. “Value propositions, including free shipping, loyalty programs and personalised offers, continue to be important,” the company adds.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service