HSBC and First Direct customers in the UK can now add their debit and credit cards to Apple Pay, allowing them to use their iPhone, Apple Watch or iPad to pay at more than 250,000 locations. The banks were a notable absence from the list of supporting financial institutions when the mobile payment service launched in the UK earlier this month.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security