HSBC and First Direct customers in the UK can now add their debit and credit cards to Apple Pay, allowing them to use their iPhone, Apple Watch or iPad to pay at more than 250,000 locations. The banks were a notable absence from the list of supporting financial institutions when the mobile payment service launched in the UK earlier this month.
- Amex applies for personalized blockchain rewards patent
- Chase lets customers use their mobile phone to open a bank account
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale