Burger King is to add MasterCard’s MasterPass functionality to its mobile app, allowing customers in the US to find the nearest restaurant, explore the menu and pay directly with their phone. “The platform securely stores payment and shipping information which is readily accessible when a consumer checks out using the ‘Buy with MasterPass’ button and logs into their account,” MasterCard says.
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet
- Tesco to roll out high value contactless transactions
- Tech firms to explore next gen payment cards that combine fingerprint sensors with digital displays