The Smart Ticketing Alliance (STA) has signed a memorandum of understanding with standards body GlobalPlatform to establish an interoperable framework for smart ticketing in the public transport sector. “The STA will provide the business input to assist GlobalPlatform in developing an end-to-end simplified service framework for the public transport industry,” GlobalPlatform says.
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case