The Smart Ticketing Alliance (STA) has signed a memorandum of understanding with standards body GlobalPlatform to establish an interoperable framework for smart ticketing in the public transport sector. “The STA will provide the business input to assist GlobalPlatform in developing an end-to-end simplified service framework for the public transport industry,” GlobalPlatform says.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability