More than a fifth (24%) of Britons aged between 18 and 34 believe companies such as Google, Apple and Amazon would do a “better job” of providing financial products and services than banks, with 8% now choosing their bank depending on the type of mobile service it offers, research from price comparison site uSwitch reveals.
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots