One in seven US shoppers has made a mobile payment during the last year and 68% are using alternative payment methods more often than a year ago, a survey by Blackhawk Network reveals. A quarter of the 1,000 respondents now use mobile wallets; 65% have a debit card in their mobile wallet, 58% have a credit card and 45% have gift cards.
- Walmart expands Scan & Go mobile self-checkout pilot to 100 more stores
- Dunkin’ Donuts offers faster pickups to customers who order via mobile
- Visa CEO plots central role in IoT payments
- Walt Disney World to pilot cashless resort concept
- WeChat opens unmanned store in Shanghai